Curtiss-Wright’s Actuation Division today announced the release of its newest motor / actuators with integral controls, the Exlar SA-R080 rotary and SA-L080 linear actuator. The SA-080 is the first frame size (80 mm) in the harsh environment control and sense family of industrial electromechanical actuators from Curtiss-Wright.
The SA series actuators offer force, precision, energy efficiency, and control while minimizing the additional cabling, external servo controls, and integration necessary with more traditional actuation solutions. The SA-L080 is capable of continuous force ratings up to 2330 lb-f (linear) and the SA-R080 is capable of torque up to 24.7l-in (rotary). Utilizing 18-32VDC input voltage, the SA series actuators’ compact form can be applied across a wide range of automation applications. In addition to integral controls, the SA series offers a corrosion resistant and sealed housing, a stainless-steel output shaft, and a wide operating temperature range, ensuring long life in rugged environments.
The SA-080 series’ features include:
• Integral power and control electronics optimized for high performance
• Standard rear manual drive for emergency operation
• Magnetic absolute encoder for closed loop feedback
• Corrosion resistant epoxy housing
• High pressure seal and rod scraper for ingress protection
• Tested to MIL-STD-810G for environmental protection, corrosion resistance, vibration, and dust/sand ingress
• RS-232 and CANopen communication protocol
• SIL 3, Category 3 Safe Torque Off
• Control I/O available to work in a variety of applications
The SA series actuators are suited for a variety of defense, industrial, and commercial applications where distributed precision motion control and the need to operate in harsh environments is required, such as in mobile equipment and other outdoor installations. In addition, electromechanical actuation offers better energy efficiency and less environmental impacts and maintenance compared to traditional fluid power alternatives.